It is also an opportunity to learn more about counselling, so you can decide whether counselling is a career path you may or may not wish to follow.
The skills you will learn on this course will enhance your relationships with others, increase your employability and develop your confidence. Certainly, the course is intended to be enjoyable and the learning effective.
Course Duration: 30 hours teaching time options are
10 weeks (Part Time 2.5hrs PW) It will also include one Saturday 10am – 3pm
5 full days 10am – 4pm
Run throughout the year – Contact us to find out next dates.
80% minimum attendance is required but 100% is expected due to the experiential nature of the course.
Course Aims: We aim to provide our learners with the confidence and skills they need to listen effectively
in a skilled helping role.
Course Learning Outcomes: By the end of this course you will be able to:
1. Work within the limitations of the helping role
2. Establish boundaries for your helping work
3. Communicate empathic understanding
4. Focus on the client’s agenda
5. Identify the importance of self-awareness within a helping role
6. Use listening and responding skills
7. Use reflection and feedback to develop your initial counselling skills
How will I be Assessed?
Your tutor/s will provide exercises and worksheets that will enable you to generate a portfolio of evidence
that demonstrates your competency in the seven learning outcomes listed above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements for this course